Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Water useage I

Tanks are now effectively empty.  By 'effectively' I mean that the three IBC's were run dry and I have disconnected them in order to undertake some gluing and refinement of plumbing connections as a result of experience over the past nine months.  One of them has collected about 50l in from the western catchment of rear shed which was collected while disconnected.  The 2Kl tank still has about 300l of water in the bottom.  I would have wasted about 600-800l.  It is 49 Days since all tanks were full.  10mm rain in that time (would have only caught 30l on eastern catchment of shed due the light rains mainly being diverted by my first flush diversion system on that (pine needled) side).

Doing the numbers, that means I have effectively used 3900-4100 litres in 49 days of 22.12C Avg Temp (23 days over 30C, 9 days over 35C, 1 day over 40C). 

I have therefore pulled slightly more than 80l per day from my rear shed tank system.  I have in addition used water from the two 1Kl side tanks off the house, and about 1Kl of tap water (in one event, charging the vine/lime tree planting before xmas).

No comments:

Post a Comment